Sunday, August 2, 2009

Seiko 5 Speedtimer, 7017-8000


Age: March, 1971

Dimensions: 38mm wide, 19mm lugs

Features: Day, Date, Pulsimeter, Cushioned case, Fully recessed crown

Notes: This was an impulse buy. The watch is immaculate and the date wheel is English/Kanji. I've never had a Japanese date wheel, so I was very excited to have it. Plus, the pulsimeter instead of a chronograph made it a novel acquisition. (The pulsimeter works by checking your pulse for 15 seconds, as it is a "base 15", and then reading how many beats per minute it shows.) I have another Speedtimer with Kanji datewheel on the way, and the pulsimeter has proven to be unuseful to me (as I'm not a doctor or hypochondriac), so I will probably put this one up for sale to fund something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment