Monday, August 3, 2009

Seiko Black Ion Chronograph, SNDA65


Age: November, 2008

Dimensions: 42mm wide (w/o crown), 22mm lugs

Features: Black ion-plated stainless steel case, Hardlex crystal, Chronograph (1/20 second, 12 hr events), 100m water-resistance, Quartz movement, Lumed hour markers and hands

Notes: I bought this watch for myself as a holiday gift late last year. I love it for several reasons: its Sinn-like appearance, light weight, strong lume and durability. I replaced the factory canvas strap with a 22mm Bond Zulu strap, and think it looks great. There is also an orange-striped black Zulu that would look good on it as well. I heartily recommend the SNDA series watches to anyone contemplating buying one. Or two.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Floris, I bought it through USWatches.com I think. And the strap from broadarrow.com

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin- This is the model I have been eyeing for a few months myself. Usually, I go for the vintage models, as you know, but the appearance of this particular flavor of chrono appeals to me as well. I amnot surprised to learn tht you have it, and enjoy it as well! I take it that you'd recommend it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott, go for it! This watch is so comfortable and legible. Not to mention the sturdy quartz movement and cool style -- you can't lose.

    ReplyDelete