Thursday, August 6, 2009

Seiko Arctura Kinetic Chronograph, 7L22-0AA0


Age: June, 2004

Dimensions: 40mm wide, integrated bracelet

Features: Date, Chronograph (45 min events), Sapphire crystal, Kinetic movement, Integrated bracelet, 100m water-resistant, Lumed hands

Notes: I was excited to receive this, but now I find the styling too modern for my taste. I like the recesses, finish and coloring of the dial, and I really appreciate the bracelet's homage to the fishbone bracelet of the old 6138s, but the overall shape of the watch combined with the small time-keeping portion of the dial makes it feel cold and impersonal. Something I find interesting is that the chronograph buttons have a feel like that of a mechanical watch as opposed to a quartz. I have yet to find a kinetic that fully satisfies me. The search continues...

2 comments:

  1. I think you'll find this watch has a sapphire crystal, not Hardlex.

    I have this one myself and like you, was a little less excited with it in hand than I was waiting for it. Still, I like it well enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks for the correction, Bo. I'll make the change.

    Glad you found the blog!

    ReplyDelete