Sunday, July 19, 2009

Seiko Macchina Sportiva Chronograph, SDWA87P


Age: May, 1996

Dimensions: 41mm wide, 13mm/18mm notched lugs

Features: Date, Chronograph, Tachymeter, Alarm, Water-resistant 200m, Giugiaro design, Hardlex crystal

Notes: This is a finely designed and crafted watch. The case has a unique ovoid shape and polished finish on top of the circular satin finished base. The hands are fully lumed. The chronograph sweep hand ticks at .25 seconds, and the top sub-dial tracks time at one hour increments. Hardlex crystal tops it off for durability and readability, and the sturdy 7T32 movement provides years of trouble-free service. This particular watch is lacking the original strap (which is blue sharkskin), so I will put this one up for sale and wait for a better example of this great piece.

6 comments:

  1. i'd be interested if the price was very reasonable. I had one for years (my everday watch) and because seiko no longer sells the original band, i wore it until the threadbare band gave out and i lost my watch. i paid 125 for new! from a jewelry store getting rid of it in 1998.

    loved the colors but apparently no one else did at the time.

    can you tell me something about the watch/band and how much your bottom line is. i'd like to replace but my funds are as limited as my present job prospects. thanks. allen g.

    algen001@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Am offering $120. Please let me know if we have a deal. Thanks. Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allen, I'm sorry I just now saw your post! I ended up selling it, and for a bit less than what you offered.

    Like you, I like this watch a lot and will be on the lookout for another.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello. I am looking for a replacement watch band for Macchina Sportiva Seiko watch. Where can I find it?
    Thanks.
    J Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. J Lee, I haven't found a reliable source, but I would either contact SeikoUSA or try inquiring in the Seiko forums (search SCWF or WatchUSeek).

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trying to put steel band back on. I can’t figure it out.... Pins don’t fit in links. Push through pins too big. Any guidance?

    ReplyDelete