Saturday, July 18, 2009

Seiko 5 Sport "Sushi" Diver, 6119-7160


Age: Feb, 1979

Dimensions: 42mm wide, 19mm lugs

Features: Day, Date, Rotating inner-bezel, Waterproof 70m, Applied hour markers, Glass crystal

Notes: I really love these so-called "Sushi-Divers", named because the hour-markers are cylindrical and filled with lume, resulting in a 3-D effect that looks like a sushi roll. This one has a brilliant yellow-orange dial under the scratched crystal. Unfortunately, the inner-bezel doesn't rotate and while the watch is marked "waterproof", which would put it pre-1970, the production calculator puts it at 1979. A red flag for shenanigans, and I'll soon put it up for sale.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I see that you were considering selling this watch - even though this was awhile ago, do you still have it and are you still thinking of selling? If so, I'm interested despite the bezel and date issue. Thanks!

    Spencer

    spencerpkleinATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Spencer.

    Thanks for the comment and interest in my blog. I sold the Sushi diver shortly after I posted the entry.

    Best of luck pursuing those great Seikos!

    -Justin

    ReplyDelete